Instrument rating starter package (6 hours)
- Basic attitude instrument flying and basic IFR clearances (1.5 hours)
- VOR/GPS navigation, intercepting and tracking courses and airways (1.5 hours)
- Holding patterns (3 hours)
- Minimum of 1.5 hours per session
- Full refund if you’re not satisfied after your full session
My fixed-price packages allow you to pay for a block of hours in advance, at a significant discount.
The content of each package can be tweaked to meet you needs, within the included number of hours. Additional coaching time will be charged at the normal rate ($40/hour).
For real-world pilots/students, to put the value of this packages into perspective: You get 6 hours of training with an experienced flight instructor from the comfort of your home, for around the same cost as a single hour of instruction in a real aircraft!
Of course, nothing can replace the experience you will gain in the real training environment. But my goal is to help you maximize the skills that transfer well from the simulator to the aircraft, so that once you’re in the airplane, you can focus your time, money, and attention on the things that need the most attention, such as landings. Not skills like ATC communications and VOR navigation, which can be trained extremely well in the simulator.
For more general information: Visit the remote simulator coaching page
- You can use the flight simulator of your choice. (Note: X-Plane is my preferred platform from a training perspective)
- Ensure your internet upload speed is at least 2 Mbps. If it’s not, I can recommend some alternative solutions that will allow us to share your cockpit view.
- I typically use Zoom for sharing your screen and audio. Ensure you have a working external computer microphone that we can use for clear communication. I recommend testing your audio prior to our first session by conducting a Zoom test call. Typically we do not use webcams, unless you request otherwise.
- By working together, you understand that my remote coaching service is not considered to be loggable flight, simulator, or ground instruction. It is solely a supplemental coaching service that is not a substitute for formal in-aircraft training or ground instruction with the certified flight instructor who will be signing your logbook.
What is your availability like?
I am generally available from 8 AM – 8 PM eastern time. I may be able to accomodate other times on request. All scheduling is done through an online scheduling system. If you purchase a package and find that it is too difficult to schedule your lessons, you can request a refund.
What happens after I purchase?
I will be in touch right away to discuss your first lesson and a training plan.
In your purchase receipt email, you will receive a link allowing you to schedule your first lesson.
Questions before you purchase?
Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org